Need Easy Extra $500+ for Your Next Vacation?
- Branded Surveys: Get paid in cash and gift cards by taking online surveys at Branded Surveys.
- Swagbucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now
- Mistplay: Earning money by playing games on your phone sounds like a dream. But this app really pays you for playing new games with cash rewards. Download Mistplay for Free (android only).
This Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa was the last thing I made a few weeks ago when I found all those avocado’s on sale. I was skeptical but it totally rocked!
The directions say to marinate the chicken for three minutes. I thought there’s no way but I followed directions…well, actually I marinated for six minutes while my better half was heating the grill.
Ok, so I guess I didn’t really follow directions but I was close! We couldn’t believe how flavorful the chicken was but I think next time I’ll poke some holes in the meat so the flavor can get deeper inside.
Here are my better half’s comments
Want free money?
“Oh yeah, this is a keeper!”
“Oh yeah, you can do this one again.”
“Mmmm…I really like this one.”
“Yeah, this is good…everything is perfectly balanced.”
I wish I wouldn’t have told him how easy it was to prepare. When you get compliments like that you want people to think you slaved for hours, right?
Put this on your summer menu. It will make your spouse happy…just don’t tell them how easy it is!
We were fast enough to get these cooked off before the skies opened up and deluged us with rain but the pictures had to be taken inside so they have a funky yellowish tint.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Ingredients
from Cooking Light (I reduced the ingredients by half for the two of us)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Instructions
Combine the first four ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
Our chicken breast was huge so I filleted it in half.
Place chicken in marinating dish, pour marinade over top and let stand three minutes. Remove from and discard marinade.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and cook on a hot grill.
I have no idea what happened to the pictures of making the salsa but it’s easy enough…
Combine the tomato, onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine. Fold in avocado.
Spoon salsa over chicken.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Receipt Notes
Appear to be exhausted when you serve this to family members.
Don’t forget to sigh and wipe sweat from your brow when you sit down to eat.
Because, you slaved for hours, right?